Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Full days = full heart

Equals a busy life for this ever changing procrastinator (though no longer a perfectionist of the worse sort, just sorta). So many thoughts through out the day that I would love to share, but when it comes time to share, they are gone...and all I can dream of is sleep.
I did just get to go away for over 24 hours to a bridal shower and bachelorette party....in Tahoe!  Adam gladly watched the kids (this wasn't so when they were babies and you know how scary a baby can be to a man...well to a lot of men, this isn't a diss, it's just fact)....and I completely enjoyed my time away, and am just now catching up on sleep. Did I mention I Love my husband! (Not just for watching our munchkins all weekend). I got to celebrate a friend who is getting married, we talked marriage, real marriage, the good, the hard, the nitty gritty and all that we've learned (so far). I am so thankful for friendships that can stay together over time and changes. And yeah for getting to love and celebrate my friend, Ms. Powers....she's losing a good last name, but gaining a great man. I don't know if I'll get over calling her by her last name (maiden)....that is.
It was wonderful to be with my sisters (blood and ones I call sister) and am looking forward to our time together next month = wedding! I get to be in it, oh, and somehow decorate (and bake) the cake for the wedding. I've got my Mom on board, so in between her own 6 kids (that is the ones left at home, but all will be coming home for this event = 13+) and real estate, she's gonna help me, so I can get ready (spend time) with the bride to be. I didn't over-commit, I just have a great (and crazy fun) Mom. {history fun fact: I taught my mom to decorate cakes, when she bought a bakery and told me I was now in charge of decorating = a dream, but not a lot of skill. Let me tell you, I learned really fast to get good!!!! Hours of practicing in between selling donuts}.
I never feel like I've got it together, but I feel like I'm always learning. I wish I had it all together, but nope. I'm learning to manage my home, train my kids, take care of myself, enjoy chore charts (I do have one, but am still learning to do it every single day). Today {I'll brag at what I'm learing}, I was going to do ALL the chores I didn't get done this week (or 1/2 of last weeks) due to tax prep, home selling paperwork, and a family budget we were compiling.....and then I remembered this is why I have my chore chart, not to slack off and then spontainously do 5 in one day and 'hate' it. So, I just did todays (and love it).....it's all about consistency in life {and w/kids}. REALLY someday I'll get this.
I'm trying to enjoy my 'dying' times....along w/times of life (this is all word pictures). For the most part I do feel very blessed, but when I get frustrated and realize I am not a patient mom, and that I need to work on myself and love my kids in new ways....it's kinda revealing, ya know. I learn daily that I have to learn to love, by giving of myself to my kids/family. It's in small and big things, but I really want to get this...love. I know it's basic, kids are so simple with their love. It's sometimes just hard for me to die to my selfishness, or change my bad habits becuase they dont' benifit my family (Or myself).
Just in case Auntie Ambie reads this, Kyle came and gave me a big hug after I changed his diaper...he initiated it on how own!!!! Loved it! 1 1/2 and already giving hugs (and love).
It's time to prep dinner (I start really early....so it's actually ready when we are).....so long, and hope to write soon, very soon.
 
Great grandma Joyce and all my little men

No comments: