Sunday, March 25, 2012

Making KAHLUA

So I found a good deal for brandy, and at the time used it for cooking often! Somehow I can't remember what recipes I use it in, so the bottle just sits there. Then it came to me, Kahlua!
So I'm mixing all the yummy stuff together and in a month I'll test it out! I modified the below recipe from cooks.com

HOMEMADE KAHLUA
4 c. sugar
2 oz. instant coffee
2 vanilla beans, cut into 1" pieces
4 c. water
1 pt. brandy
Boil 1/2 cup water and dissolve coffee. Combine sugar, 3 1/2 cups water and bring to rolling boil. Add coffee and let cool. Add brandy and vanilla beans. Makes 2 quarts. Age for 1 month in closed container. (The older it gets, the better!

my changes: I brewed fresh coffee (strong) in my French press and added it after I pulled the boiling sugar water off, didn't want to cook my yummy brew.
Wrapping my quart jar in brown paper- could have used a 1/2 gal next time.
Here's to waiting a month and hopefully updates on IEP's, digestive solutions, prayer, did I mention, MOVING!

Update: after one month = delicious
Still sipping over raw cream and ice!!

No comments: